Microneedling Is also known as collagen induction therapy, is a non surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that uses numerous tiny sterile needles to create micro channels in the skin to stimulate collagen production. This promotes skin renewal as uneven texture caused by wrinkles, scars, & stretch marks is gradually smoothed. This activates the skins natural regenerative process & stimulates the production of collagen & elastin, while allowing skin to better permeate the professional serums used after the treatment.
With minimal downtime between 24 - 48 hours, microneedling helps to reduce acne scars, stretch marks, fine lines & wrinkles, enlarged pores, photodamage, pigmentation, & uneven skin texture.
Optimal results can be seen 4 to 6 weeks following the procedure, depending on the frequency & intensity of the treatments is recommended.
The face, including eyelids, lips, neck, decollete, arms, abdomen, as well as thighs and knees can be treated with microneedling, depending on the platform being used.
One of the greatest benefits of collagen Induction therapy is the broad range of applications. Microneedling can be used anywhere on the body to improve texture, reduce scarring, and diminish the look of discoloration. Even commonly "off limits" regions such as the delicate skin around the eyes can be carefully treated with microneedling. This procedure also works well on sunken areas of the skin such as acne scars.
Microneedling offers amazing benefits to getting and keeping your skin beautiful, but like any good skin procedure there are important aftercare instructions that you will need to follow to get the most out of your skincare treatment.
Since microneedling creates micro wounds in the skin, clients cannot return to their normal skincare routines right away. In fact, immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a mild to moderate sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Keep in mind, these effects are normal and they typically subside within a few hours after treatment, but can take up to 24-48 hours for complete resolution.
Don’t worry: Tammy will discuss post-procedure skincare following the treatment to help soothe, calm, and protect the skin. Continue to treat the skin gently for three days after microneedling, and you may resume your normal skincare routine after day three post-treatment.
Our Recommendation at T.C. Spa for the Best Microneedling Aftercare:
• CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for 72 hours post-treatment, and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area, and do not use a Clarisonic or other powered cleansing brushes for at least one week after your treatment.
• HEAL – We recommend serum antioxidants post-treatment, as its properties are ideal to help heal the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
• HYDRATE – Following your Microneedling treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient you can use to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
• STIMULATE – In the days following your microneedling treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen-stimulating peptides are ideal to maximize the effects of the stimulation already started by the microneedling.
• MAKEUP – We recommend you do not apply makeup for 24 to 72 hours after the procedure. In addition, do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if the brush is not clean.
• PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, your skin professional will apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB, SPF 50 or greater sunscreen to your skin. We recommend a chemical-free sunscreen. Keep in mind that you should continue to use a sunscreen everyday—not only the days following your procedure—as part of your skincare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
Additional Microneedling Aftercare Precautions
• To ensure the proper healing environment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) scrubs or anything perceived as “active” skincare for one week post treatment.
• Do not use any powered cleansing brushes like Clarisonic for one week post treatment.
• Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 72 hours.
• No tanning beds.
• Always wear sunscreen.
• Do not go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment.
• Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for the first 72 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments in general are harmful and filled with bacteria, which may cause adverse reactions in your skin.
We hope you have learned more about microneedling aftercare and what to expect after your microneedling treatment at T.C. Spa.
Visit our Spa for your free consultation to find out if microneedling is the right procedure to meet your skincare goals.
Face & Lip Combo $425
Lip Plump & Rejuvenation $100
Neck & Decollete ( Upper Chest) $325
Face 3 session package $999
BB Glow Face And Lips coming soon....
Add a footnote if this applies to your business